Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
- Signalstärke überprüfen
- Einen Hard-Reset durchführen
- Netzwerkeinstellungen überprüfen
- BlackBerry smartphone im Netz des Mobilfunkanbieters registrieren
- BlackBerry Verbindung zum Computer überprüfen
- Stellen Sie fest, dass Ihr BlackBerry Emails empfangen kann
- Stellen Sie fest, dass Ihr BlackBerry Emails senden kann
- Servicebücher überprüfen
- BlackBerry Hilfe öffnen
- Das BlackBerry Technical Solution Center durchsuchen
Tip 1 – Check the signal strength
A sufficient signal strength is required to send and receive wireless information.
- Turn on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click the Options icon and then click Status.
In the Signal field, verify that the value is between -40 and -100 DBMS. For instructions on changing the signal strength indicator, see KB02142.
Tip 2 – Perform a hard reset
For instructions, see KB02141.
Tip 3 – Check the network settings
Appropriate network settings are required to send and receive information from the BlackBerry smartphone to the wireless network.
- On the Home screen, click the Manage Connections icon and then click Mobile Network Options.
- If the Network Selection Mode field is set to Manual, perform a manual scan for available networks. For instructions, see KB02516.
Tip 4 – Register the BlackBerry smartphone on the wireless network
For instructions, see KB00510.
If the registration was successful, you will receive an email message on your BlackBerry smartphone stating that your BlackBerry smartphone has been registered with the wireless network.
Tip 5 – Check the BlackBerry smartphone’s connection to the computer
Check the BlackBerry smartphone’s connection to the computer to confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone is detected by the BlackBerry Desktop Manager application.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB port.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is not detected, close and then re-open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click the Options menu and then click Connection Settings. The personal identification number (PIN) for your BlackBerry smartphone should appear in the connection field.
- Click Detect. If the BlackBerry smartphone is connected properly, you will receive a message indicating that a USB device was found.If the BlackBerry smartphone is not detected, see KB11439.
Tip 6 – Confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone can receive email messages
To confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone can receive email messages, send a test email message using an external email client or web interface, such as Microsoft® Outlook®, IBM® Lotus Notes®, or Windows Live™ Hotmail®.
Send a test email message to the email address for the account that is associated with the BlackBerry smartphone. If the email message is successfully received by the BlackBerry smartphone, you will see a new email message in the BlackBerry smartphone message list. This indicates that the messaging and collaboration server* is able to process incoming email messages and forward them to your BlackBerry smartphone.
*Depending on the environment and BlackBerry services you are using on your BlackBerry smartphone, the messaging and collaboration servers may be different. For example
- Work environment: Your BlackBerry smartphone might be integrated with Microsoft® Exchange (messaging server) and a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (collaboration server).
- Prosumer environment: Your BlackBerry smartphone might be integrated with Windows Live Hotmail (messaging server) and a BlackBerry® Internet Service account (collaboration server).
Tip 7 – Confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone can send email messages
To confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone can send email messages and PIN messages, send an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone back to the BlackBerry smartphone, and a PIN message from the BlackBerry smartphone back to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02913.
A PIN message that is sent successfully from the BlackBerry smartphone to the BlackBerry smartphone should show the sent PIN message in the BlackBerry smartphone message list with a check mark and a D beside it and the received PIN message in the BlackBerry smartphone message list with a check mark and a D beside it. A D indicates that the PIN message was delivered to the specified PIN number.
An email message that is sent successfully from the BlackBerry smartphone back to your BlackBerry smartphone, should be received in your email application such as Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, or Windows Live Hotmail. The collaboration server will then attempt to send the new email message to your Blackberry smartphone. The received email message should appear in the BlackBerry smartphone message list.
Tip 8 – Check for service books
A service book contains information that configures how your BlackBerry smartphone interacts with the BlackBerry® Infrastructure. Service books turn on specific services for your BlackBerry smartphone. The types of service books that are on your BlackBerry smartphone depends on the features provided by your wireless service provider along with the types of email accounts integrated with your BlackBerry smartphone. When sending email messages from the BlackBerry smartphone, you must have a service book responsible for the integrated email address type that you are using to attempt to send email messages with.
To see what service books are present on the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Options icon, then click Advanced Options, and select Service Book. For more information about service books, see KB03151
For instructions on sending service books, see KB02830.
Tip 9 – Access the BlackBerry Help application
To access general information about using your BlackBerry smartphone and troubleshooting certain events, use the BlackBerry smartphone Help application.
The BlackBerry smartphone Help application can be accessed in the following ways:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click the Help (?) icon. Then, click Troubleshooting and select the topic you want more information on.
- In an application on the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and click Help. Select the Help topic that you want more information on.
Tip 10 – Search the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
For specific issues and troubleshooting tips, search the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center.
9 Gedanken zu „Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips“
Fairly cold post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say which I possess seriously appreciated reading your blog posts. Anyhow I’ll be subscribing to your weblog and I wish you publish once again soon!
I am possessing 404 webpages actually regularly, I’m not too confident why nonetheless if I refresh the webpage it earnings alright.
This multiplies the chances of converting visitors
into customers. I especially like the scene
where Socrates and Dan hike for 3 hours. The law of
attraction simply puts into use the basic laws of nature and applies them to societal occurrences.
Besides of being the field of fashion, you may also
prepare the costly expenses of the profession you may want to take on. This fabric is intended to
be loose fitting, but wear it too loose and you’ll look fat.
Being a model requires more than just being a pretty face.
Here is my webpage: celebrity Dress up party games
When you give your best man toast, raise the glass with your right hand, and begin the toast.
Some examples would be to show funny pictures of videos.
I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes.
If you are struggling with angular cheilitis for more than a month, there is
a great chance that your skin may get scarred and it may not assist to get rid of it fully.
Oral drugs are previously obtainable in the market place but you need a doctor’s prescription to have these.
Folic acid deficiency may very well effect birth defects in expectant women and it is routinely strongly recommended to
be acquired as an antenatal (pregnancy) supplement.
Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment
(it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.
Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers?
I’d definitely appreciate it.
I love what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.